Monday, February 16, 2009

Industrious Day

Somehow or another, this blog is making me feel accountable about my sewing...even if no one is reading it! So, it's been sew, sew, sew at my house.

Thanks to a new Aussie quilting friend, Glenice, who's a member with me in Quilting Down Under (QDU) chat group, I've made one of her favorite tote bag patterns. Actually, my friend Mary and I are making these simple, one-yard bags for a church mission trip to Jamaica. The free pattern is the "With Love Tote Bag" by Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl Designs

I made my version with a kid print, lined with a black and white check. Folding the bag down at the top to make a cuff reveals the lining. Red belting handles are sturdy and make the bag look kid-friendly.

1 comment:

  1. That looks pretty good to me.
    I need to get to and make some more.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin