Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Flaunt - Quilting for a Mission

FMQ (free-motion machine quilting) accounts for most of this week's productivity. This quilt will be donated to a children's orphanage in Romania, through Stitchin' Mission.
In the December 1999 issue of Quilter's Newsletter magazine (That's why I save quilting magazines, as a resource.) I found several FMQ designs and thought this one would work well. It made me think of fire coming from a dragon's mouth, and suits the dragon focus fabric in this quilt.
I quilted with orange-colored, 50-weight Aurifil thread. The design shows up best on the quilt back.
At the fourth Stitchin' Mission lesson, this quilt will be used to demonstrate how to sew binding. When the quilt is finished, I'll post another picture.

Each Friday, bloggers who belong to Quilting Down Under chat group post a flaunt of their productivity. Visit Cinzia's blog to find links to all 19 Friday Flaunt-ers.

4 comments:

  1. Some child will love that quilt. Interesting quilting designs. If you want some more designs check out http://www.freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/ she is putting up a new design every day for a year. Up to day 42 today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great FMQ on a lovely quilt Linda.
    I second Cinzia's suggestion to check out Leah Day's blog, it's really great for moi (beginner) but has lots of interesting designs for the more accomplished. Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda I'd love to know how you transfer those quilting designs from the magazine to your fabric. I can't seem to find a good way to do it. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some child will just love this quilt. Great quilting pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin