Monday, May 17, 2010

Aussie Fabric

Now that I've been home for a week, and have had a chance - but haven't yet! - returned to Iowa time, I thought I'd show you some of the Aussie fabrics I brought home with me. They've been washed and are ready to be sewn into something, but I don't yet know what.

These are some fat quarters (AUD$5.50) from the "Emperor's Garden" collection by "A Day in the Country," Sue Ross. I absolutely adore this color combination - buttery yellow and turquoise.I have Doris to thank for bringing this "Emperor's Garden" collection to my attention. I found it in two colorways at the Remnant Warehouse. Some of these fqs actually belong to Doris.
These mini pin dots are also from Sue Ross' "A Day in the Country." I've never seen pin dots this teeny.

And I couldn't resist a couple pieces of Lecien fabrics that I've read so much about on Aussie blogs. It's fabric made in Japan that I haven't seen in my neck of the woods. Lecien also makes the Cosmo embroidery floss I love so much.
It's a treat to find a few fabrics that are different than what we have at home... even if they cost twice as much! Some things are just worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Linda, these are new to me too. I love the two colourways of the Emperor's Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "Emperor's Garden" in butter yellow and blue...that would make such a charming quilt!

    Joyfully in Jesus,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red Emperors Garden fabrics! But then again, I can never resist a cute red or pink!

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin