Thursday, April 14, 2011

Welcome from Georgia

Last July I participated in an embroidered quilt swap. It's the first time I'd ever done anything like that... and it will be the last. Unfortunately, the person who received my quilt never acknowledged it, and the person I received a quilt from had never embroidered, and didn't follow the swap instructions.

Taking pity on me, Shannon of Pieceful Kwilter decided to make something for me, to make up for my bad experience. Her "something" arrived in the mail. 

Shannon made this darling 20" X 31" wall hanging.

Appliqued with homespun fabrics, and quilted on her longarm...

...just look at the detail. How clever to quilt following the plaids in the fabric.

It just speaks, "Hospitality."

Even more loudly, it speaks, "Friendship." From the bottom of my heart, thank you Shannon for your effort and time. What a thoughtful and caring thing to do. I am blessed by you.
Linda

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had a bad experience but what a wonderful friend you have in Shannon. I hope you never have such a bad experience in your swaps again. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Linda, so glad you were blessed by Shannon! I have participated in a few swaps and have NOT had a bad experience, just the opposite. That stinks that you did - people should really think twice before they jump in and spoil it for others. Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so lovely, Linda! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in your swap. I have just recently been involved in one where I never received anything. How wonderful of Shannon to make you something special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a generous and thoughtful quilter Sannnon is!Not to mention clever! Swaps can be very disappointing sometimes, but it's heartwarming to see that for all the careless participants there are still folk who are prepared to go the extra mile to be a blessing to others. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet surprise from a talented and kind lady! I hope that it makes up for some of the disappointment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was nice of her. This piece would be 'welcome' in my home. :)

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin