Friday, October 23, 2015

Triangle Tango Finish

"Triangle Tango" is a pattern by Missouri Star Quilt Company, or you can see it made on Youtube as the "Falling Triangles" quilt. But quite honestly, after seeing the online picture of it, I created it in EQ7.

My version makes 8" blocks which are just half-square triangles in an Attic Windows setting. My quilt is 62" X 74".


Isn't this a pretty spot? It's at the back of the sales office building in Brownwood, a few miles from my house.

I didn't want to spend hours custom quilting this one, so I used a blue wash-out marker to section off three areas. Then, in each of those areas I quilted a different all over design.
Hooked swirls.

Triple paisleys. 

Clamshells.

The sections are divided by circles that I quilted with the aid of a 1/8"-thick acrylic circle ruler. These aren't meant for ruler work quilting, so what I did in this video is a "no-no." It could have been disastrous if the ruler foot hopped up over the ruler.


Another pretty finish, I think, with this yellow mini pearl bracelet binding.

I'm trying to get half-square triangles out of my system. Can you tell? Linda

18 comments:

  1. I love this quilt! The different quilting patterns really make you take notice and draw you in. Sometimes you need to break the rules to get what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so bright and cheery. The yellow binding is a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and happy, and a great selection for the colorful triangles! I don't think we'll ever get half-square triangles out of our systems!! They make such fun quilts and are full of surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, this quilt is on my list! I just love how beautiful yours turned out. I have quite a list, so we'll see if it ever gets made. Great photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, what a beautiful quilt! Another one, I should say! thanks for the little video - fun! And I thought that lovely angel was in your yard :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great finish! I like the simplicity of this quilt which really highlights the lovely bright fabrics against the white background and of course once again your amazing quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HSTs can be really awesome. This is a nice design for them, and a terrific fabric medley, Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and happy quilt! Nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute and colorful! And I love your approach to the quilting, a touch of whimsy well executed of course!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My oh my, what a lovely quilt.
    It makes me smile . . . so cheerful:)
    Have a lovely week.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this one! The colors - the movement.
    I am going to try dividing my next quilt in sections. I get bored using the same all over design throughout the quilt but don't want to take the time to custom quilt everything. I think this is the perfect way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This a such a fun quilt and a great way to highlight lots of great prints.Like Leila says, lots of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo Hoo! Another finish. Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What size do you trim the HST to?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my "Anonymous" Aren't you asking for a lot?! :-) First, I don't know how to reply to you because you ARE Anonymous! Second, this is a quilt made SEVEN years ago! Okay, let me see if I can find the design I created on EQ... Nope. Sorry, I don't have it anymore. You can probably still find the pattern through Missouri Star Quilt Company.

    Anyway... I doubt you'll ever read this reply back to you. Linda

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin