Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Wednesday

It's Wednesday, and since last Saturday's blog post I've just been flitting from project to project, as I often do. Lately I've had my hands on four different ones.

In the evenings I have been working on this crochet piece that Attic24 (Lucy) in the UK introduced as a Moorland Blanket crochet-along in January. It's been since the 1970s that I have crocheted, but I'm happy to say I haven't forgotten.

My neighbor and friend Becky and I together ordered 15 colors of Stylecraft Special DK yarn, but not in the color-pack suggested. Instead, we chose Florida-like colors: sands, golds, oranges, and aquas. I'm not very far along because I've un-crocheted way too many times. Though I've got the stitches right, my counting has been off as I go along each 180-stitch width. I will persevere! I like that ripple design too much.

My Bars quilt, the one started in a QuiltCon workshop, is done. I need to get outdoors to take some good pictures to share. And I'm preparing a quilt label tutorial. My friend Paige, of QuiltedBlooms, is prepping a label tutorial too. We plan to share our tutorials on April 4 so blog-followers can see two different ways to make them.

Other projects that aren't sharable in photos include completing pattern-writing for my Florida quilt and working on my Central Florida MQG challenge quilt.

For the challenge, we're to choose solid color chips (fabric swatches or paint chips) with color names that begin with our three first initials. Mine are LDH. Then we're to make a quilt with a total perimeter of no more than 96". Our May 8 meeting will be a reveal with voting for viewer's choice, winners, and prizes. I can't share anything about it here until after that meeting. What I can tell you is that I'm really struggling to come up with a design!

Later today I'm participating in my first ukulele workshop. Three hours with Stuart Fuchs, a renown artist.

Hopefully this will help me up my playing ability. Because heaven knows, I have a long way to go toward being even slightly good! Linda

6 comments:

  1. It seems a worldwide crochet fever has broken out and you've been bitten too by the virus ;)! Your progress looks great and I like the tropical colours you've chosen. Can't wait to see your latest quilt. I hope you had a successful ukulele workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colours are lovely, very Florida. I've finished my Moorland blanket now, I enjoyed the process but it gets very heavy towards the end. I love crocheting very much, quite addicted with it at present. You get the hang of the stitches quickly and don't need the pattern after a few rows. I'm about to start a fine 4ply cotton granny square jacket for my grand daughter and I bought sock wool to try to make a pair of them. I need good luck, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been anxious to pick up a crochet hook again, and have begun to save selvages and strings for a rag rug. You linked a tutorial from Crazy Mom Quilts and I have read it over a few times. Now to actually get started. Also, I am trying to guess what your colors are for your challenge. Let's see, L and D and H? I can't wait til you show and tell about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to the label tutorials. YAY for ukulele workshops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the challenge reveal! And look at you with the mitered bindings! I've got to give that a try again! The ukulele workshop sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Attic 24 is the greatest resource for patterns and yarn. I made her Cozy Blanket last year and had so much fun. I only know the basics and was really pleased with the end results. It looks to me as if you're off to a wonderful start. I'm looking forward to your reveals, too! Have fun at the ukulele workshop. You always make the most of everything, so I know it will be a big success! XO

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin