Monday, February 9, 2009

A Season of Grace Christmas stocking BOM

Happily, merrily, joyfully...I spent an entire weekend on a quilting retreat with eight best friends. How blessed we are when we have very special women in our lives! These friends not only enjoy quilting as much as I do, but we can and do share our faith with one another. What a precious gift from God!

With plenty of time for sewing, I made my two identical "A Season of Grace" Christmas stockings from the Emilie Richards/Pat Sloan February block-of-the-month.

My friend, Mary and I have agreed how to make them. Stockings will be:
1. sewn with similar fabrics.
2. sewn onto a background fabric we have both purchased.
3. fully lined with muslin.
4. appliqued with a machine blanket stitch.
5. open at the top so messages and trinkets can be put inside.

Mary will get one of my stockings; I'll get one of hers. This is sure a fun way to share quilting with a wonderful friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin