Saturday, May 30, 2009

T-Shirt Quilt

A friend and former Stitchin' Mission student, asked if I might be able to finish a t-shirt quilt she'd started for her daughter's high school graduation. Kim had already fused interfacing to the t-shirts and cut them out. Sashing was cut out too.

So for the past couple days, machine-quilting was set aside to piece this t-shirt and batiks 62" X 74" quilt top, piece a backing, and prepare binding.
Though the nine t-shirts made a square quilt, a rectangle quilt was desired. With Kim's permission, I played with the layout. I cut up an extra block of an orange tie-dyed t-shirt to make cornerstones. From my own stash I added the lavender sashing and border, and orange border.

Using my sewing machine alphabet, I embroidered this...
Happy graduation day, KayLynn, Valley High School class of 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin