Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's Tuesday and I Can't Wait

...for two things!

First, this evening my bestest friends, the Batting Buds* small group, is coming over for our monthly get together. We'll share what's been going on in each other's lives, some yummy hors d'oeuvres and wine, and quilting. A few buds will bring hand work.

Tonight I'm also playing the I-Movie I produced: "Australia Revisited," a one hour and 20 minute slide and video show of our March/April trip Down Under. It's not your typical, boring home movie. This has "Ken Burns effect" photos, captions, background music, and sound effects. You might guess rightly that I enjoy playing with technology.

Second, on Wednesday I'm meeting, face-to-face, for the first time, a quilter from QDU (Quilting Down Under Yahoo chat group). She lives here in Iowa and also loves all things Aussie. We're meeting for lunch and then guess where we'll go... you got it! To a quilt shop. Quilters may be predictable, but one of their best predictable features is that they're the nicest people you'll ever want to meet. I can't wait to meet Mary Jo.
Join the bloggers who are playing "It's Tuesday and I Can't Wait..." at Buttons by Lou Lou.

*Batting Buds - The name comes from quilt batting. Batting is what's inside a quilt that makes a quilt a quilt! It's the inside stuff that's the most important, just like these dependable friends who share faith and themselves with each another. Buds is short for buddies, of course.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so what CAN'T you do, my dear friend? A movie no less! Baz Luhrmann, be afraid. Be very afraid!

    Seriously, though - well done!!

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin