Monday, July 6, 2009

Patchwork, and Color in Nature

On Sunday I planted flowers. Er, sorta. I put into the ground the finally-finished, painted patchwork board garden decorations.

Three welcome you to our front door. The other three are beside the garage, getting along with our hydrangea. That hydrangea is a fighter. Of a group of four, it's the lone survivor that returned to life after being dormant for two years! I guess lots of spring rain does that.

As I was hanging laundry outside, this pretty thing alighted on a sheet. Lovely colors, yes? I think it's of the butterfly variety called Fritillary.

And this morning I admired these wildflowers while walking the dog at Raccoon River Park. The white blossoms are Whorled Milkweed and the yellow stalk is Common Mullein

I'm appreciating God's colorful workmanship. I hope you are too. 

1 comment:

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin