Thursday, June 3, 2010

Origami Bags

Blogless Di B. in Sydney, sent me a photo of a very cute little origami bag she'd made following a tutorial on a Japanese woman's blog. Here. Then, Blogger Di J. showed us the origami bag she'd made! It looks like this tutorial is making its way around the blogosphere.

Of course, I had to make one for myself, and a couple others as gifts. Each bag is easily made from two fat quarters, and ends up about 7" X 7".

If you know me, you'll surely guess which bag is mine. (Yep, the coco palm fabric.) On each side of the bag are two identical exterior flaps. I used my Australian "A Day in the Country" micro-mini dot for the inside.
This bag is made from my recent Lucien fabric purchase.

I'm not sure what I'll be using mine for... jewelry when traveling? Sewing notions? Sunglasses? Di J. is using hers to carry Aurifil threads for hand applique.

They've been fun to make, and they're just plain cute! Thanks for telling me about these, Di and Di!

3 comments:

  1. Linda your little bags are so cute. They would be nice for "purses" for my granddaughters. They love to stuff things in bags of all sorts and sizes and carry them around. Did you get the blue lucien fabric locally? I love red & blue together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't disappoint Linda, always sharing useful techniques and great little projects. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colourways are delightful! They are more-ish to make, aren't they? I can see myself making many more for gifts in the future. Great work on the snowflake medallion, by the way. I feel very slack |:-(

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin